A Complete Tutorial for Buyers & Publishers - Adsy
We always strive to make Adsy better for you. That's why we've written this tutorial to help you make your first steps with Adsy and provide detailed instructions on content creation and placement services.
In this article, buyers find out how to create direct tasks or open offers. Publishers, respectively, get a guide on how to add their sites and process job offers.
The first step is to sign up at adsy.com and log in to your account. Please note that you can use your account for both buyer and publisher roles. To switch between them, click the drop-down menu at the top-right corner of the page.
If you are a publisher, you can skip the next part and go straight to the part when we explain how you can start earning with your websites at Adsy.
>>> Go to Publishers' interface tutorial
Search for publishers and direct tasks
The easiest way to go is to search for publishers using the inventory available to all buyers. From there, you can browse publishers that meet your requirements and send tasks directly to the ones you want to collaborate with.
1. A range of filters will help you find sites with appropriate DA, DR, monthly traffic, language, country, categories, price, etc. Here you can also sort publishers by the service type you need.
If you are a new user to Adsy, you'll see that publishers’ URLs are hidden. All the metrics, however, are available, so you can make an informed choice. To see all the URLs, you'll need to make a one-time payment - your first top-up. This money will then stay on your balance, and you'll be able to use it to order posts from publishers you'll select.
2. Once you have chosen a platform, click the “Buy Post” button.
Also, you can choose the newest added sites. It guarantees you place content on various platforms and makes your links more weighty. To pick fresh sites, press the “See weekly updates here!” button.
On the new page click the “Buy post” button.
3. In the next step, you can choose who will perform the task for you. Then click the “Select” button. (Notice that you will see the Completion rate metric next to each performer. You can learn more about it in the FAQ section for Buyers).
4. After that, create a task for the publisher: include your requirements, and provide the URL(s) you are promoting.
If you don’t have content, you can choose the “Content creation and placement” option. In this case, you can let publishers compose an article for you or use professional content creation from our copywriters. We recommend hiring our authors to grant quality content.
Learn more about Mixed Orders.
You can either save your task as a draft to submit later or send it right away. After you send the task, the publisher will get an immediate notification and will accept and start working on your task or reject it.
5. Use the Tasks section to see the progress of your task, and communicate directly with the publishers on any task-related questions. This is also the place to retrieve all your saved drafts and send them to publishers.
Another option will be to use an Open Offer feature to start receiving suggestions from publishers who are already open to the job.
There is always a way to improve your performance with Adsy. To ensure a publisher performs all your tasks qualitatively and in time, choose the “Verified publishers” option.
1. Go to “Search for publishers” and press the “>” sign to open the “Verified publishers” interface.
2. Here you will find publishers whose completion rate is 70% and more. You will notice the completion rate mark next to each performer. There will be two numbers that show the lowest and the highest marks for the available performers.
“Verified publishers” opens you access to the top performers. So, use it if you want to have a guarantee of stunning results.
Open offers and bids
As a buyer, you can also create open offers and let publishers suggest their prices for them. You can find more information about the "Open offers" feature in this post.
We recommend using it when you need some sponsored content from various publishers regularly. In this case, you create an open offer, all relevant publishers see it, and bid for it if they are interested. That allows you to have a whole range of sponsored content resources.
What’s more, the open offer you create stays active for as long as you want, and you can effectively regulate the amount of content you are getting.
1. To create a new open offer, go to the Open offers page and click the “Create Open Offer” button.
2. Provide the main requirements for publishers and their platforms, and choose the type of service you expect (once again, you are free to choose between "Content placement" and "Content creation and placement").
You can suggest an approximate price that publishers can use as a starting point when making their bids or stay open to the prices that publishers will propose.
Please note that you shouldn’t provide any content for publishers at this stage to avoid theft or plagiarism. You’ll be able to do it after you choose the publisher.
3. Use the checkbox at the bottom of the page to activate the offer immediately for publishers to start bidding, or put the created offer off to activate it later.
As soon as you send the offer for bidding, publishers qualified for it, receive a notification, and start suggesting their prices.
From there, you can follow the way of your offer on the "Open offer" page. When you find publishers that meet your requirements and satisfy you with their price bids, accept them and create a detailed task.
To accept the offer, press the “More” button. You will have two options. If there is one bid, press the “Accept” button. If there are two or more bids, press the “Review bids” button and then pick the bid you like the most.
4. The task page is a bit different from the one you use to create a Direct Task from the Search for publishers page. The main difference is that there is no opportunity to switch between service types when creating such a task. That’s because the service type is defined when creating an offer.
This is the place to provide publishers with your content if this is the Content placement type of task or give a detailed list of requirements for content creation and anchor text you want to see in the content.
When the task is created, you can follow its progress in your Tasks section, just as with the direct tasks’ creation.
The New March Updates - Guest Posting Tutorial
To facilitate your search and order of guest posts, Adsy regularly introduces new features that you can find in your client panel. Below are some of them for various situations.
More helpful filters
You can sort the sites even more efficiently thanks to additional filters. That said, you can pick platforms from sites or publishers you’ve worked with (in case you’ve enjoyed your last cooperation).
Or you can exclude publishers or sites if you are looking for new cooperation. You can also hide sites that don’t provide prices for their services.
Now you will see three metrics next to each performer. They are Completion rate, TAT (Turn around time), and publisher’s rating.
The Completion rate ranges from 0% to 100%. The higher the rate the better. That means the publisher is worth trusting.
TAT shows how long it takes for publishers to complete the task. Accordingly, the less the number is, the faster the performer may finish your task.
You can find the publisher’s rating right after their name. The maximum score is five.
Also, you can quickly see the publisher’s page to get more info about him/her. Just press the three dots button and click the “Publisher’s page” button.
Block- and allowlists
Have you found a site or a publisher you like but are not ready to make an order yet? Add it to your allowlist, and we'll save it for your faster access later.
Or, do you keep seeing a site or a publisher in your search that doesn't suit you for some reason? Add them to the blocklist, and we'll exclude them from your results page in the inventory.
Sometimes it might happen that you don’t have enough time to search for publishers on your own. In this case, go to the list of recommended sites our SEO experts had compiled.
These are the most natural websites with high-grade metrics and the optimal value for money that you can find in our inventory.
You can use the Content purchase section in your client panel, if:
- a publisher you've found only offers content placement, and you can't write the content yourself;
- you need an article to place on your blog or some third-party site as a guest post.
Just provide your requirements, and our copywriters will create an article according to them within five working days.
Now when you have all the info about the work at Adsy, it’s time to get awesome content about your business and let the world know about you.
Create your first Direct Task or Open Offer to start your business promotion.
To receive any tasks or orders at Adsy, you first need to add your site(s) to Adsy inventory. After that, buyers can see your websites and choose you to do some content work.
Add your sites to get tasks
1. To add your site go to the My platforms page when you’re in publisher mode. Click the “Add website” button and agree to the Terms&Conditions on the next page.
You have several options when it comes to adding a website. Follow these instructions to make the process hassle-free.
2. You can add one website or a list of sites.
3. If you proceed with a list, you MUST add every site’s URL on a new line. Otherwise, our system will be unable to check your sites correctly.
4. After you add a site, you become a contributor. You can stay in this role and don’t confirm the site’s ownership - it won’t influence the site’s moderation process. Yet, if you want to confirm that you are a site owner, you can do this in two ways:
- by adding a special file to your site’s root directory,
- by including a special code in the source code on your site’s main page (if the site’s ownership wasn’t confirmed by another publisher).
5. You will be able to add any number of sites in a contributor role. Yet, only 100 of them may be available for buyers in the inventory. If you have added more, they will be on hold until you confirm your trustworthiness (by performing the tasks you receive from buyers).
To be available for a buyer to order, a site must be in the Approved and Active status. All the information regarding the site must be filled in as well.
6. As you add a site, you can fill in all the fields only if you are the first one to submit this website. Another possibility to do this is when you are confirming your ownership.
In all other cases, the site will be pre-filled with some information shared by a contributor who first added the site or the site’s owner. Therefore, you won’t be able to edit this information.
7. After your site successfully passes the moderation, you will be able to receive tasks from buyers. You can follow the progress of all the tasks you work on in the Tasks section (see the image below).
8. If you need to make some changes to your already added site, use the special three dots buttons.
Click the “Deactivate” button to deactivate the site (or “Activate” to do the opposite action). Or press the trash bin sign to delete your site.
Press the button with the three dots to see short info about your site and access the “Edit” button for more changes.
You will get notifications every time a buyer sends you a task, and you’ll be able to react to it quickly.
Add your social media
You can also monetize other sources of yours. As such, we encourage you to add your social media accounts.
1. Go to “My platforms” - “My social media.”
2. Read how this option works. Then press the “Add social media” button, and agree to terms&conditions to continue.
3. You can add one account or a list of accounts. If you choose the first option, click the “One account” button.
Add the link to your social media page, the price for your service, and the link to the associated site (if applicable).
4. Or you can add a list of accounts by pressing the relevant button. In this case, you can add your account URLs each from the new line or upload a CSV, xls, or xlsx file. Of course, don’t forget to state the price for each social account.
Ensure your account is open (or you can provide an access to it), active, and doesn’t contain forbidden topics. After your accounts pass moderation, they become available to buyers, and you will be able to monetize your social networks.
The completion rate is a special metric that is calculated for publishers. It’s a percentage that ranges from 0% to 100%.
The completion rate is calculated for a year (12 months). We will divide each year into quarters (that do not necessarily match the accounting quarters) and multiply each by the special coefficient. The closer the quarter to the current date is, the more important (or weighty) it is.
Completion rate = Tasks completion in the Q1*Q1 Coefficient+Tasks completion in the Q2*Q2 Coefficient+Tasks completion in the Q3*Q3 Coefficient+Tasks completion in the Q4*Q4 Coefficient
What’s essential, the completion rate is calculated separately for each site. That said, if you have five sites, it won’t be an average number for all your sites. We will do the math for each source.
The more the completion rate better. A higher completion rate increases your chances to get tasks from buyers and appear on the “Verified publishers” list.
The completion rate is not affected by the following:
- tasks declined by the buyer before they moved to the “In Progress” status,
- tasks declined by the publisher with a reason marked as "Task falls into a forbidden category: gambling, casino, betting, ICO, etc."
Open offers and how to bid on them
With the Open offers feature, buyers show their need for sponsored content from different publishers or different platforms. For you, it’s a chance to get more tasks to work on, as sometimes buyers can miss your sites for some reason when searching for publishers.
"Open offers" allow you to be proactive and suggest your sites for the job. To demonstrate your interest in an open offer, you need to set your price for it using the bidding scheme. This is how it works:
1. Go to the "Open offers" page to see all the offers your sites are qualified for. Sort the offers you want to work with according to their type. Click the offer name to get more information about any offer and to make your bid.
2. To make a bid, you need to:
- Choose a site you're planning to perform the offer with,
- Set up the price that will satisfy you.
If a buyer has set up an approximate price for the offer, make your bid accordingly. Some buyers choose to be open to your price; then, it’s up to you to set the price that will satisfy you.
If you are not sure how to bid a price that will satisfy both buyers and yourself, read our blog post answering the exact same question.
3. When buyers choose you to work on an offer, you get a notification about it and have a chance to review the task they’ve created. Accept it if you still want to work on it, or reject it if some requirements don’t suit you.
If you do accept the task, you can start working on it as on any direct task at Adsy. As always, you can see the workflow in the Tasks section.
We hope you will benefit from Adsy's sponsored content services. Have full control over the content on your websites, consider your writing style and your blog audience preferences to provide high-quality services, and monetize your sites.
Add your websites and get started as a publisher!
We hope your work with Adsy will be beneficial regardless of the goal of why you are here.
Make your first steps in the business promotion or website monetization and profit from the numerous opportunities opening to you at Adsy.