Today, the quality of content plays a key role in ranking a site in search engines. Many technical errors and not the most beautiful design can be "forgiven" for your resource. But the content component should fully meet the needs of users. So that search engines understand that the site rightfully takes place in the search results and responds to search queries.
High-quality and expert texts, excellent presentation of the content as a whole will be the key to successful promotion, good behavioral factors, and the desire of visitors to return to the site again and again. Competent SEO-optimization of texts will only strengthen your position
What is The Quality of Content?
What is quality content, everyone knows it, and someone does not. There is no generally accepted definition of this term.
But we all regularly have to refer to this term when talking about search engine optimization. Therefore, we will proceed from our understanding of the quality content of the web site, which we create for our customers and which helps bring websites to the top.
Factors that Define the Quality of Content
At first, you might think that the requirements of the SE (search engines) and optimizers are the same, but this is not entirely true. Sometimes technologies are unpredictable. In SEO, it often happens that information on ranking factors and their priority can be obtained from anywhere, but not from search engines. Most often, it is derived from their own experience and regular analysis of issuance.
Search engines, of course, periodically reveal ranking factors. In their requirements, they are stable, but everyone likes it - the task is not trivial. Everyone has their ideas about the ideal content of a web resource. We have to look for common ground: to select those requirements that are equally important for everyone.
Clients know their business better than optimizers, but their interests may go against the requirements of search engines. It happens that a client cannot post prices on a site, and Google appreciates this. Or the optimizer insists on publishing new photos in product cards, but the client cannot do this for reasons beyond his control. Plus, the client sees his site as he sees it - these expectations also affect the creation of content for the website.
Key principles for creating quality content
The creation of high-quality content is the key task of each Internet source since its primary function is to solve the problems and questions of users, as well as the ability to give a clear explanation of the actions of any algorithm. This content should be not only adequately presented and useful but also unique. Use practical tips to once and for all, solve the issue of good site content for both users and search engines.
- The kind of presentation
The kind of presentation is as important as a part of the content as its structure. Thanks to this parameter, you can attract the user's attention and arrange it for further familiarization and study of the website.
For content to be vibrant and diverse, it must be regularly updated. If the information you provide is engaging, informative, or useful, then the page is highly appreciated by users. If you do not update the information promptly or provide inaccurate data or questionable content, the visitor will quickly lose interest and leave your site.
Most often, all articles and reviews are tailored to the key queries of search engines and, ideally, should fully disclose the selected topic and solve a conceptual request. Focus your efforts not only on describing the problem and using key phrases but also on the usefulness of the article for users. For the best disclosure of the topic, use all kinds of infographics, images, and videos.
If you want to make the information simple, understandable, you must correctly present it. First of all, users do not start reading the text on the page but look at the headers and pictures, and then decide whether they want to continue reading the article. As many experts say, a picture's worth a thousand words.
- Readability design
The main task when creating high-quality content is its correct structure, the use of elements that attract attention, as well as competently composed headings. The user does not always have enough time for in-depth reading of the material, so he selectively looks at the text of the page. If during the cursory study, he finds interesting points, he will certainly continue reading.
What kind of content can be profitable?
Many content experts define various examples of content when it comes to its profitability. Here, it is worth underlining the following:
- One that helps the user solve his problem: answers the question, provides step-by-step instructions and manuals, shows photos, and infographics. When writing site content, you must be guided by the rule of the last click: if after visiting your website, the user does not need to continue searching for information, your material is exhaustively useful.
- Concrete and informative. It is not always possible to write large long-reads and do detailed infographics, but such formats usually justify the investment by traffic and leads. Therefore, it makes sense to create them as often as possible.
- Relevant to the visitor's goal. Users are not the target audience, not unique, not traffic. Users are people with their interests and tasks. Each of them can put its meaning into the request. The content that reveals the intent of the request will satisfy him - the user's intention, the purpose for which he switched from issuing a search to the site. You can learn to understand and disclose user intent by analyzing search results.
What you can write about?
- If you have achieved success in completing tasks, you can write a useful case study that will help your readers. If the experience was negative, then this may be the basis for writing a helpful anti case.
- Publish not only text material but also video reviews, infographics. Such content always gets more feedback from visitors.
- Any industry and field of activity needs experts so that you can interview an authoritative person in your industry or an expert.
- Often, customers, users, and readers push their questions to raise particularly sensitive and relevant topics. You may take advantage of this and write about what interests them the most.
- Plans, forecasts, news, and announcements are not always great material, but with its help, you can highlight the most important points and interest readers in the topics you need.
- Surely you use a large number of programs and services in your work, so why not write about the advantages and disadvantages of each of them, do a comparative analysis or develop a simple manual for their use?
- It is always relevant to write about the company in which you work. Surely, you have an interesting story with which you will become even closer to your customers.
- You can also always update old articles with new information and thereby making them even more useful.
- Interesting articles are obtained when translating from foreign publications. This is always an excellent opportunity to keep abreast of the latest innovations and trends.
Professional Steps to Perform by Creating Quality Content
- Create ideas for quality content.
Your ideas will determine whether the content will be appealing or quickly forgotten. When you develop a compelling approach for content, the target audience not only "absorbs" it, but also helps to spread it. Examine your competitors' sites to find out what type of content works for them in relation to marketing goals. If you do not know how to do this, then use the available tool from Adsy, which will help to indicate the popular content of any site.
In any case, no matter what method you choose, most likely, there will be many ideas that can be added to the editorial calendar. It is not necessary to use the same idea or directly address the topic.
- Do research on your chosen topic.
It doesn't matter what type of content (text, video, audio, graphic) you create. Research is essential to success. Even if you plan to write materials based on personal experience, you still need to research the topic for the content. Many experts create content after researching the topic, but in the end, the results of all the works sound like posts that are found on the first page of Google, although they have their own unique ideas that can be shared.
Explore to find out what you can improve based on existing content that you find. If your own ideas differ from what you found during the research, do not be afraid to include them in your content plan. Otherwise, you will not be able to distinguish yourself from others.
- Choose your own unique style for creating content.
Creating original and unique content is not an easy task. It often happens that you create similar content that looks like two drops of water to already published material on the global network. Carefully think over and plan several distinctive features of your direction in order to stand out from the whole variety.
- Analyze competitors.
In almost any niche, there are already many sites offering their services. It is necessary to understand not only the weaknesses of competitors but also the main factors that make them successful. You can use the search engine and manually determine the number of views, clicks, and most viewed texts, or use special services. For example, some online platforms allow you to find exactly the keywords that users find competitors for. Be sure to study the demand in your region/city, as even if you have large competitors, you can reach a narrower audience by answering their requests.
In a world that is full of content, any marketing strategy requires the creation of high-quality content. This is an integral part of any SEO arsenal. Of course, due to the prevalence of mediocre content, some niches have a greater need for high-quality information than others. You still have the opportunity to create exceptional content in your niche.